Mobile website is a version of website adopted for the use from smaller screen of mobile phone.
Here are few main reasons why it is important to have mobile version of your site.
- Nowadays people use more mobile devices than laptops and desktops combined. I bet you saw that people use their mobile even when they sit in front of a laptop or desktop. We use it even when we drink with friends, watch TV or go to toilet.
- Statistics show that if your website is not mobile friendly then a visitor leave it right away with really low chances to return back. While if your website is a mobile friendly then you have 74% chances that user will come back to you.
- Due to the new policy, search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing will downgrade your website in their search results if your website is not mobile friendly. What makes everything worse is the specifics of mobile users. Unlike desktop users mobile visitors will never go lower than top 10 result of search. Means if your site is not in the top ten of the mobile search then don’t expect any more customers to come to you via google.
- Mobile visitors are more valuable for your business than desktop. Simple fact is that mobile visitors are more likely to make purchase. It can be easily explained. Mobile users are users of quick decisions and actions. Once they open a browser on mobile they know what they want and they go into action once they found what they are looking for. More than that Amazon, recently revealed some data that average mobile purchase is bigger than desktop because people tend to behave more spontaneous on mobiles.
- Not having mobile version can harm your brand and image. The surveys shows that if users don’t find your website mobile friendly they don’t simply leave it right away – they leave it with impression that your company cannot serve them proper, so they will not come back to you even when they will be in front of desktop.
- Mobile adapted website can use phone hardware capabilities to ease communication between you and visitor/customer. With one click on proper made mobile website customer can call you, message you or find the way to you by using geolocation.
The good news are that mobile version of a website is not complicated and expensive to make.